Port St Lucie is a beautiful city with a rapidly developing population. Unfortunately, as with any other growing city, Port St Lucie can be the location for ghastly motor vehicle accidents.
Dealing with the aftermath of personal injury in a Port St. Lucie car accident can be costly physically, financially, and emotionally.
Knowing your rights and the compensation you are eligible for can be quite confusing therefore getting a competent car accident lawyer in St Lucie Florida is the best course of action.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
After any form of a traumatic accident, it’s hard to make decisions concerning medical bills, insurance, and compensations for loss. Hence working with an experienced car accident lawyer in St Lucie, Florida can help make things easy and take the stressful process out of your hands.
Florida has a no-fault insurance law, which means for anyone injured in an accident, there is a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance which provides compensation without the necessity to prove that the accident was someone else’s fault.
However, this insurance has a coverage limit of $10,000 and can only cover 80% of medical bills and 60% of lost income.
To be eligible, you must have sought medical help within 14 days of the accident.
Getting the best Port St Lucie Fl lawyers can help in several other ways, including:
- Identifying any at-fault parties involved in your accident
- Evaluating evidence
- Knowing the legal system and process for your case
- Speaking with attorneys and insurance representatives
- Determining the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
What to Do After an Accident in Port St Lucie
When involved in an accident, there are a couple of steps that you must take before contacting a car accident attorney in Port St Lucie to ensure medical and financial recuperation.
- Call 911 to report the incident and request an ambulance in case of injuries.
- Exchange information with other parties involved in the accident, take picture evidence of the accident scene, your car damage, and injuries.
- Do not admit fault to the other party or confess negligence to causing the accident.
- Ensure that you receive medical assistance immediately or within 14 days.
- Before meeting with your insurers, ensure to talk to an experienced Port St Lucie Florida Motorcycle accident law firm, who can help you determine the compensation you are qualified for.
What Compensation Are You Entitled to?
After a Port St Lucie Fl personal injury, victims are entitled to compensation for injuries and damages such as:
- Emotional suffering
- Ruined property
- Permanent disability and scarring
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Physical pain and damage on the reputation
- Rehabilitation costs
How to Protect Your Legal Rights
Insurance companies can compensate you for losses incurred during an accident but most times insurers will do anything to reduce the severity of your claim.
Ensure to limit what you say when talking to insurers, do not comment on your health status or medical condition before your accident
To protect yourself, and receive the full compensation for your personal injury in Port St Lucie and loss you need a competent car accident lawyer in St Lucie Florida. Contact Hughes Mathews Legal Group if you have been injured and request your free consultation: 888-386-2401